Friday 6 November 2009

Raccoon Attack


As you may have noticed from my previous posts, I feed birds in my back yard. I keep my bird food in a metal garbage can on my deck. The top fits really tight and I have a bungee cord across the top of the lid. I have more feed in a little free standing wooden storage cabinet that closes with one of those slide in latches.

Recently a herd of raccoons attacked my bird food. They chewed through the bungee cord and took the top off of the metal garbage can and scattered the containers of seed all over the deck. They ate the peanuts and some of the sunflowere seed.

I cleaned up that mess and replaced the bugee cord. A couple nights later they staged a repeat performance. I heard the banging of the garbage can lids and caught them in the act. This time they had the storage cabinet open as well. How did they do that??

I banged on the window and they just paused to look at me and then continued their destructive actions. Finally I opened the door and yelled and they ran away. I heard them out there again later, but I surrenderred and let them have at it.

The mess remains to be cleaned up.

Here's some video of one of the little bandits

No comments:

Post a Comment