Saturday 21 November 2009

My neighbor must have read my blog! He




My neighbor must have read my blog! He and two friends raked his whole yard today.

I bought a Christmas tree today. It will be my first artificial tree, the start of a new era. Richard and I grew up in the 60s when artificial trees were made of aluminum. You could get a rotating spotlight to shine on the tree to make it change colors. My grandmother had one.

When we got married, we decided that we would always have a real tree, We bought a lighted star for the top that cost $8.99 which was a lot of money for two poor college students. That star was on the top of our tree every year for 38 years. We had bubble lights.

I bought an artificial tree because I'm just not very motivated this year. It was sad standing there among the artificial trees. Richard loved Christmas. He loved decorating and putting the lights on the house, even last Christmas when he could only stand outside and supervise. He would want me to decorate and celebrate so I'm doing the best I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment