Tuesday 10 November 2009

Getting a Cat

For most of the years of our marriage, Richard and I had cats. He had a dog growing up, but I converted him to a cat person. Please note that I am not anti-dog, but I do feel that dogs are hgh maintenance. They are very needy. Cats don't require much, a litterbox and some food, and a heat source, also known as a lap.

Our last cat Toonces was 19 years old and had arthritis. It got to the point where she could hardly walk, so she was assisted to the Rainbow Bridge in May. Richard always said that she would outlive him and she did.

Now I'm considering getting another cat. I hate coming home to an empty house, and I'd like a warm body in my bed. My niece raises hairless cats and my sister has two of them. They are quite expensive and tend to die for no apparent reason. My sister has gone through two of them.

My plan is to get an adult cat from a shelter and I hope to get one that is declawed. In principal, declawing a cat is cruel but I want to preserve my furniture.


No comments:

Post a Comment